The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 9-Sleep deprivation


            Now I do understand the importance of sleep. Especially while doing something crazy like burning almost 1500 calories a day. But there are some issues at hand. I have not been a great sleeper for a long time. I did many years of sleeping two to four hours a night then 24 hours on a day when it all came back to bite me. I am sure my film projects that kept me up for days and my eating habits during wrestling season have all led to my current problems. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes and they say if it takes longer than 15 you most likely suffer from some kind of insomnia. I can’t remember the last time I lied in bed for less than an hour before drifting off.
            Now some of you are seeing a problem. I do eventually fall asleep and stay there now until I have had enough. Good habits my wife has taught me. So what is that problem some of you already figured out. Yes, that would be Ben. Ben is now three months old and we were just told he is teething. This means that the sleeping patterns we worked so hard on for the first three months are gone. He now wakes up randomly and without reason and this is not good for what little sleep I was getting. You must understand I can live fine on two or three hours of sleep but only if I wake up on my own which I now never want to get that little sleep again.
            If I could take back all the nights of walking aimlessly around, stumbling, and catching up on the latest movies for some sleep, believe me I would. Today when I usually do my P90X as Ben sleeps I slept too and as good as that felt it meant I did both workouts (Plyo and Pure Cardio) in the evening. This felt a lot less good. I was able to stay under my calorie count again and even made chili from scratch (soked the bean and ground the meat) for dinner, which was filling for the calories. My wife is now counting calories using her iPhone as well and that helps keep me in check. Tomorrow I work shoulders and arms on P90X and do cardio circuit on Insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment