The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Accountability App


            I love Mac products and am proud to say I am not on any bandwagon or fad train. The first computer brought into my house was a Mac and nothing has ever changed. This makes me an iphone user and an addict since I picked up the very first one shortly after its release. I am also proud to say I have not paid for a single app. Why is any of this important? Because counting calories by reading labels and carrying around a notebook died in the 90’s and there are free apps that do this for you.
            I have used a few of these apps and my top two favorites are Lose it and My fitness pal. And after using both extensively though I loved Lose it My fitness pal will be used during my challenge. I have chosen it based on the extent of the food library. I have not found anything I can’t type in and it will have some variation of the food to count calories. This will make my counting brainless and that’s perfect. This app is also free which fits the budget. But there is one dilemma.
            Counting workouts as negative calories is a feature on the app and it is just as easy as counting food. Now I have heard some controversy in this and still don’t know where I stand. I have heard from some people I need to add it in, or subtract the calories as it is, and still reach the calorie intake of the day to maintain energy. I have also heard that calories in are just that and there is no reverse so don’t go subtracting them you will just think you can eat more.
            I am so confused both seem to be good arguments but I am looking for what has worked for others. Do you eat more when you workout or just keep it the same?
           

1 comment:

  1. If you restrict your calories too much you body will go into starvation mode and store what you do consume during the day as fat...so you need to consume close to the recommended daily caloric intake of someone of your size and structure while you do these awesome workouts. Another good tip is to try not to consume food after 7PM if you are trying to lose weight. Remember if we wanted to lose weight quickly we'd all just start smoking crack!

    ReplyDelete