The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 13-One beat at a time


            As you may remember I forgot my ab ripper x dvd at home and was unable to do that workout yesterday. Well apparently Shaun T, the instructor for Insanity, heard about it and today on the schedule was not only Pure cardio but Cardio Abs. there are no sit-ups or crunches here just totally insane moves you don’t even realize are working your abs until you fall over in exhaustion. I also had Kenpo this morning to start my day, which was a much nicer way to start the day than having Insanity end it. I was again able to stay under my calorie limit.
I do have some exciting news though, or at least I think so. My grandmother gave me and my wife her Gazzel elliptical trainer. You know the one from the infomercial in the 90’s where the guy had the long tight ponytail and bulging muscle. Well anyway, its and elliptical and it is free. I know what you are thinking again. Why would you want that when you have these awesome workouts you are already doing. First my wife has a bad knee and elliptical trainers are one of the few workouts her doctor recommends and second. I like variety. It is nice to know that if one day when my challenge is up and I don’t have an hour to do p90x or insanity I can just on a Gazzel and ride it out for twenty minutes to get that heart rate up.
Speaking of heart rate, I cannot seem to get my resting heart rate. Now before I had Ben my resting heart rate was somewhere between 60 and 65 beats per minute BPM and I would check it like you are supposed to first thing when you wake up and are totally relaxed. Well the problem is now I never wake up totally relaxed. I either wake up to a baby screaming or my wife screaming cause I cannot hear the baby. This causes me the problem of find out if my resting heart rate is changing. I am sure in about 18 years or so I will get a full nights sleep again and find out what it is. For now I am just glad it is beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment