The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 20-A day late and half a workout short


            Well I made it to day 20 before my timing issues forced a workout into the next day. I managed to finish Kenpo before Sunday but Insanity’s plyo went into Sunday and at about the 13-minute mark I was done. It is late and I had just done back to back workouts after a pretty busy day. I haven not even had a chance to count my calories though I am sure I am under even with my chocolate chip cookie for desert. Something I have not had much of in the last twenty days.
            So my day was planned out well this morning before I woke up late sending everything into a tail spin leading to my late night. And all would have worked out well but somewhere in our travels my wife and I realized that instead of just searching on craigslist for cars, we are in the market, we should go sit in some and see what they are really like. This seemed like a good idea and we even had grandpa watch Ben after the football game. So after the game we headed to some local lots and I learned two things. One looking at cars takes a lot of time and two cars cost a lot of money.
            You see when my wife got the car we have now we were all about small, great gas mileage and it must be manual. Now that we have a son and a rally circuit like driveway things have changed and we are now looking at big things with lots of room, a/c, airbags, and 4wd. All these things sounded simple to me seeing as they are the majority of the cars on the road and yet their price tags are twice as big. TWICE! How do people afford these cars? I went to a private Christian University for a year before transferring and these cars cost more than 1 years tuition, which might not sound bad but the tuition cost 34,000 American dollars. I must be dreaming. I can not honestly believe that people pay more for their basic car a month than I do on rent. I would understand that on a Lambo but not a f-150.

No comments:

Post a Comment