The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 24-Dairy free delicous


            Focusing seems to be a problem for me lately and I have a feeling my son has something to do with it. I had planned to get on my workouts early today and get some things done around the house but instead I could hardly think when I woke up. My son decided to have what I would consider his first teething tantrum last night from about 1:30 to 4:00. He has never cried without a reason and I must assume this was no different and since I tried all the usual stuff he must have been in pain. Sadly there is not a lot you can do for a teething child beside orogel and love. I do not mind taking care of Ben in fact I love being there for him but it is hard to get things done on such a random sleep schedule.
            There were some positives today though. I finished both kenpo and plyo today, made my homemade chicken noodle soup, and finally made something I have been wanting to do for a long time: banana ice-cream. Now you might have heard about this one ingredient ice-cream thing going around, it is as simple as freeze banana slices, blend then refreeze. I have never seen it done but it is awesome and I even added my homemade peanut butter and some melted chocolate chips. This is the greatest snack. It takes care of all the cravings, sweet, salty, and chocolate. I made sure to make enough to freeze the rest over night; I want to see how it does when it is really hard. Now why not just have ice-cream, two reasons mainly: calories and my wife has gone no dairy. You would be amazed at how much having or not having dairy in your diet effects things. If you have never tried it give it a week it might just catch on and after all some frozen bananas can take care of your taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment