The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 17- Supplemental Strategy


            Supplements, there is a topic I haven’t touched yet. A lot of people think the only way to get fit is to take supplements. We are talking protein, creatine, nitric Oxide, amino acids, thermogenics, the list goes on and on. Now supplements are not all bad, I take my vitamins and have been known to use whey protein. I also know that most of these things are naturally found in the human body hence the word supplement. But come on, is it really necessary to take all this stuff? I know if you are an athlete it can be the only way to reach maximum potential without eating 40 pounds of food a day but as an average want o get fit guy, do I really need to buy into all this?
            So far I have only taken my vitamins even though at the end of every video Beach Body is trying to sell me another product to help me maximize my workout. These products would probably do just that but I am not doing this to see how fast my body can get fit but instead I simply want to see what my body can do by itself in the 90 days. After the 90 days I will probably step back and look at the issue again and who knows I might go the other way but for now my Kirkland multivitamin will do just fine.
            Today’s workouts included arms and shoulders from P90X and both Pure cardio and Cardio Abs from Insanity. Not the easiest day in the week but I completed it and kept under the calorie count. Another successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment