The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 11-Long day Longer night


            I’d like to begin by saying that though today felt extra long I did feel slightly productive. I completed my Insanity cardio recover and P90X’s yogaX. I also mowed the lawn, cooked dinner, did some stuff around the house and even worked on some more papers. But when the evening came I noticed a problem. Though my wife and I are struggling to find a few hours of sleep at night do to our sons teething situation she has grown tired. Now I may be able to live on only a few hours of sleep a night and if I need more I nap with my son during the day as I had to do once this week. Apparently high school teachers do not have nap times. I think this is ridiculous because napping is one of the only things I remember doing in high school.
            My wife then gets her little sleep at night and that is it and if she were like me she would live with it and be fine but she is not. My wife is an eight-hour a night person, minimum. During her pregnancy it was closer to twelve. Well here we are up all night and she is falling asleep on me shortly after dinner. So tonight I made a sacrifice.
            Ben and I are having a slumber party in the living room. Well the original idea was to have him and I sleep in the living room but somehow he found out and decided to wake up. He is with me now staring at the letters move across the screen. I think he wants me to type faster. Anyway so tonight I will take sole care of Ben much like the day but this will give my wife a chance to get the sleep she needs to function so we can have an enjoyable weekend. As for the boys in the living room, we will have to see if Ben decides to let Dad sleep at all.

1 comment:

  1. Silly Erick! Don't you know that there is never any slumber at a slumber party?? Hang in there pal! I'll be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete