The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Monday, August 8, 2011

Prescription for photos?

How do you prepare for a week vacation on the beach? Practice! Today my wife (Kelsey), son(Ben), and sister in law(Shae) packed up our floaties and towels and went to the beach. Now when I say beach get that Maui white soft sand picture out of your head or did you forget I live in the middle of nowhere remember? So what does this town have to offer? A lake if you can call it that. We drive down to a resort for tourist that is open only in the summer and has a nice man made small gravel beach. That is small gravel not small beach and definetly not sand. Now even though this lake is 12 miles long when I got into the water and started walking I got almost all the way out to the end of the swimming area before the water reached my chest. More like a wading put than a proper lake. Now after getting enough practice on the beach and before we headed home, a whole 15 minutes away, we got dessert at restaurant sitting 50 yards away. Nothing like dessert to ruin your appetite for dinner. The three of us ordered dessert while Ben sucked down a bottle, we didn't want to share because we all wanted different things. Shae ordered a Sunday, classic. Kelsey got a key lime pie made with real key limes and definitely not green, a true key lime pie. And I thougtht I was being boring with my ice-cream cookie sandwich. I am a sucker for cookies and thought they would unwrap a blue bunny ice-cream sandwich put in on a plate and charge me 7 bucks. Not even close this guy bakes two cookies 6 feet away in the open kitchen the size of mine, which is small, and stuffs ice-cream between them before decorating with chocolate sauce. Did I leave out the fact that the cookies where about 6 inches across and there where two of them. Amazing and something I don't think my calorie counter will enjoy when I get to beginning of my challenge. But what is life without indulgence. Now we head home and there are two things you should know: 1. My wife and I just ordered prints of our digital pictures from the last 3 plus years because of a Costco sale and 2. Our landlord is not only very nosy but lives a hundred feet away (the only house within a mile). So as we walked into the house our landlord comes out on his porch and begins to tell us he picked up one of our packages that came today. I run up to his house and he begins to tell me that he was expecting a package of pills and didn't even look at the label before he opened it. He then made it through one of the package of pictures out of the 900 prints before relizing that they were not his pills. Now no harm no foul but come on who doesnt realize a ten pound box that doesn't have their name on it will not be a couple pill bottles. Or maybe he thought they were under the pictures?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.......I laughed so loud about the pills and the pics. Small towns have that affect on people.......they just need entertainment and they are going to get it anyway they can. Oh....and the cookie sandwich......I think that's what I will make for dessert.....hang the calorie....smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed, there are lots more to come thanks to my landlord and the rest of the small town.

    ReplyDelete