The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 53-No invite, but I have a baby


            My day started earlier than I had planned when my son woke up this morning and lasted longer than planned as well. After Ben woke up and had breakfast I decided to tackle my first issue of the day; how to workout in a space barely big enough to do a pushup because of the crib we had brought in. now I figured I was not the first person to have this problem so I looked up what others have done and sure enough Tony Horton, Mr. P90x himself, wrote and article about it. In the article he as a basic outline of a workout you can do in an area the size of your body both standing and laying but no moving around. It was perfect, lots of running, jumping, squats, pushups, ect. It was over pretty quick but that was probably because I went as fast as possible and forgot to take breaks. Now I am sure yoga would have been better for me today but there was just no room for it and I got a decent workout in and feel good about that but my issues were not all solved yet it was still early.
            My second dilemma I thought would be much tougher, food. If you remember I am too cheap to eat out all the time and thought I had few other options, but after I was done working out Ben and I walked to the car and headed north through town looking for a solution when it hit me. We are not in a small town where options are few and prices are high this is the big time. So I pulled into a grocery store and bought breakfast and lunch for two days for less than seven bucks and that included the dollar for breast cancer. Now these were not creative meals, fruit bagel and tea, but I was happy about it. Now I still had to figure out dinner but I had time. Ben and I visited my mother at her work then went to my grandma’s around eleven. I assumed I would be back in the hotel before two. The next thing I know my aunt and dad drop in and we go to dinner at my favorite Thai place and I score an awesome me provided my family. Well even though they paid I think Ben should get the credit because having a new baby in the family is like an open invitation to all meals and gathering. It is a bring the baby and sure we will feed you deal. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment