The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 43-Hot potatoes


            I felt like I got off to a good start for the week today and was able to complete chest, shoulders, and triceps along with ab ripperx this afternoon and max interval cardio conditioning this evening. My strength is definitely increasing even with my weight decreasing and I hope I will be ready to take on those wrestlers next month. Now I am glad to report that since my son and I got into a routine this weekend he has only woken up once around 430 before going back to sleep each night. This has put both of us in a better mood and gave me a ton more energy. Now since this has been a less entertaining day than most last week I want to share something I did for dinner. Now I love sweet potatoes and yams, and I have cooked them liked baked potatoes and fries but tonight I roasted them. I cut them into small cubes coated them in truffle oil and added salt and garlic, then 30 minutes on 350 and another 30 on 400.  I am aware there is an up and coming controversy about truffle oil because some is made by perfumes but, people need to get over this for two reasons. One, not all is made by perfumes some has real truffles in it and this is the good stuff. Secondly, it taste amazing is way cheaper than buying truffles. This may have little to do with fitness but sweet potatoes and yams are healthy and there is nothing like a little truffle oil to liven the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment