The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 48-Reward if found: "Lazy Saturday"


            Today was supposed to be a “lazy Saturday” according to my wife when we woke up this morning. So I went slowly about my day ate breakfast did kenpox and was relaxing when out of the blue the events turned. The next thing I know we are heading to the local apple festival where there are more pumpkins than anything else and then from there off to dinner. We went out to a place called Tomato Street, which serves great food in great portions, and I have always ordered the same thing. The problem is I have also not been very health in the past but this was an after thought to how good the food sounded. Now if you are a health nut look away because I am about to tell you about my entre. It is called a Baked Lazoni and it is there famous lasagna wrapped in honey calzone dough and baked then covered in sauce. Carbs gone mad and delicious I tell you. I decided to save on calories I would order the salad on the side and not eat the whole thing but I still know I went a bit over board.
Then when we got home a friend was over with her son so our children could hang out or more so we could tell them when there are older they have been friends since birth and we got to pumpkin carving. My father and I got out our tools of choice, him a kitchen knife and a metal skewer and me a Swiss army knife, and began carving. Our pumpkins actually turned out pretty neat and I will try to post the pictures on Flickr but that was not my favorite part. My favorite part of carving Pumpkins is roasting and eating the seeds, a great healthy snack and one that will make a great road companion on the way home tomorrow. And I should point out quickly I finished core cardio and balance quickly late tonight after all the craziness. Today definitely did not turn out as planned and I am not complaining because I love getting out and having a good time but as I sit here at the end of the day I am wondering where did my lazy Saturday go.

No comments:

Post a Comment