The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 78-Carb Counting Conundrum


            The Internet is back thanks to some quick customer service and I am back in business. I feel I owe a quick Sunday update to everyone because of the internet outage so here it is. Because it was the families first weekend to stay home together we took a friend up on an offer she made nearly a year ago and joined her in church. Now it may come as a surprise to some people but the current concept of church is not something I think very highly of. In other words I love Jesus and all that entails but the church is not exactly something I am even remotely happy with. That being said I did my pro and con list after church and this one ranked higher than any church I have been to in years, and I was quite the church hopper. Now it still had the “usual” cons that make my list but had pros in some areas where other churches fall flat.
            I also weighed in yesterday and the total came to 187.4. This is a number I am happy with because it puts me closer to a 20-pound total, which is a nice round number, and I like round numbers. Today got halfway through my chest, shoulder and triceps when my son decided I was done. But after wrestling practice I finished ab ripperx and did max pushups before and after just to feel better. After watching “Fat Head” the other day I have been trying to think low carb when eating but there has been a dilemma. My wife and I shop for food once a month and when we shopped I did not have low carb in mind so choices are few. This in combination with the fact that it is nearing the end of the month, where choices are few anyway, has left me sacrificing eating some carbs to get the calories I need. I am excited to go shopping for my new plan though and am excited to take it to the extreme. Ok calm down, when I say extreme I don’t mean anything stupid, more like steak for lunch and bacon with breakfast. My biggest issue is finding a quick lunch with low carb. A lot of things online say salads and such but I am looking for a grab and go option, even if I have to pre-make it. This leaves my idea compartment empty. I feel like I am rambling now but if you have ideas or links please send them my way, I am new to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment