The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 62- The only way to live


            What a day, woke up early after a late night and headed towards the big city for the last home football game. Even though my main man was Big I was out on injury the game was a seat clincher and came down to the fact that our team could not kick a field goal. Upsetting ending but overall not a bad game. Then my the whole family wet out to dinner with some friends at our favorite restaurant Spencer’s Steakhouse. Now I am going to go off topic and share with you why I believe this is the best restaurant. First I have to tell you I would never have gone had a good friend of mine who is the chef forced me down their for an anniversary dinner. I thought the prices were just crazy and thought no food could be that good. I was wrong, I have never been so wrong. Now the place is pricey and because of this my wife and I try to go on big occasions a couple times a year and just go crazy. We are talking nuts ordering what ever we think looks good.
The only issue is I cannot wait until special occasions for this food; it is just too good. This is when I learned about happy hour. From 4-6 everyday the bar menu is half price and this is no skimpy menu. It has burgers, salads, soups, smaller versions of the main menu steaks and the list goes on. The highlight is the Steakhouse Tots, I would love to explain these but words do not do them justice. Let me just say that tonight while we were figuring out what to eat we ordered a plate of the tots and when it came time to order they were again on the list. We ordered a lot of different things and even got drinks. At the end of the meal we could barely move but it was worth it when the bill came and because of the half off it was less than I normally spend at Red Robin. No offence to the red bird but that used to be my go to place. Then I discovered what quality is about. Now I use happy hour like life support it keeps me alive until those big occasions when I buy the house and live life, because there is nothing like a Spencer’s Steak.
Now this all leads to the dilemma of my workouts but I new we were going out so I tried to hold back just a little and made sure to eat my salad and veggies first then when I got home I hit kenpo hard and after spent 15 minutes on the stationary bike at 20 miles per hour (my parents bike tells me my speed!) I hope Spencer’s did not ruin all my hard work this week but I will not regret if it did. If you are still curious about the place check them out at: www.spencersforsteaksandchops.com/spokane/index.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment