The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 68-One of many days we need to remember


            Veterans Day it is and I want to make sure to point out that I appreciate all the Veterans and what they have done for this great country. Now I am all about a special day set aside for the Veterans but I hope we do not forget about them the rest of the 364 days.
            Because today was Veterans Day and my wife had the day off we decided to get a head start on the weekend and get to the coast early, or should I say thought we would. We made it a hundred miles or so in the newly revived Subaru before the battery kicked the bucket, even though a couple days ago a mechanic assured me that my battery was perfectly fine. He will be hearing from me come Monday. SO 88 bucks later and some surprisingly good Chinese in a small town in the middle of the state we hit the road, arriving at our destination a few hours later than planned but safe nonetheless. We then enjoyed a great dinner and before it got to late I got to core synergetics. The workout almost went well but my lightweight band snapped like a, well, a rubber band half way through. Luckily I only needed it for a few workouts but this does mean a new item just kit the Christmas list.
            As a final note I want to send a special thank you to one person in my life who served in the military and has been a great influence on who I am today, at least the good parts of who I am. So thank you Dad for all you have done for this country and me. I am proud of all you have accomplished and to say that you are my father and my father served.

No comments:

Post a Comment