The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Solitude or stressful?

Earlier I said I wads heading to the Long Beach kite festival this weekend and all next week for some solidarity. What I didn't count on what how long it would take to drive here with an infant. The answer 3 days. Three long tiring hot days. But we arrived and settled in to our little tent surrounded by large rvs and trailers. Now what the first thing we do? Grab my brand new kite and head to the beach. Now in a Perfect world I set up my kite and in minutes am flying around like I had been doing it for years, because I have been doing it for years. But new kites don't seem to have that ability. My new revolution kite takes 20 minutes just to set up and then after a sketchy looking launch it lands in a tree without any control.
Now take what you think you know about kites and forget it because this kite has not one or to but four strings and is able to move in any direction on a dime. We are talking 70 to zero in nothing flat. The problem is that did not happen. My strings we crossed, the lengths were off and everything needed adjusting. So I spent hours of my vacation moving strings and tying knots and crashing kites. But in the end it worked or at least came very close. Now I hate bad analogies and that's what this is quickly turning into but I feel like I am missing something I need to think of before I begin my challenge. A string I need to untie and some thing that needs to be adjusted. Just another reason I am starting in September and not tomorrow. What could I be missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment