The Challenge Results

The Challenge Results
The Challenge Results

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Preparing

Insanity and p90x are programs that come on a set of DVDs which I have and what makes insanity awesome is all you need is about an 7'x7' area in front of a tv, the only problem that's where the floor is covered in baby play areas and toys. So I will need to clear this area soon and find a new place for Ben, my son, to hangout while daddy is jumping around in front of a tv. P90x is a bit more complicated, I will need the space in front of the tv but I will also need some equipment. The prgram says you will need a set of dumbbells or a resistance band. I don't hav any dumbbells but I have a resistance band so that will do. Then there's a is a pull up bar, this is a problem. I have a pull up bar that you drill into a cross beam. I also live in a rental. So that's out. I am left with using my resistance band in a doorway while I sit on the ground, the video shows how to do this but you don't get the same workout. Bummer for me but I think it will work out.

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 suggestions.
    1. Don't try to do P90X and Insanity at the same time, 2 workouts of this intensity won't work. As for the P90X equipment, if you really don't have a pull up bar and can't install one, then do your P90X workout without it, grab your son and go to the park where they have monkey bars and do your chin up sets there! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to know suggestion one is more of a challenge than a warning but that's what i probably need. thanks for the comment and I'll be looking into the playground idea. might have to go to the elementary school.

    ReplyDelete